5-Day Xtend Barre Meal Prep Plan to Make Healthy Eating Easier
When you’re trying to lose weight, gain muscle, or just get in shape overall, you need two things: a good workout routine and a solid nutrition plan. If you’re doing the Xtend Barre workouts on Openfit, then you’ve got that first part down pat. As for the second part… well, changing how you eat can be kind of intimidating! That’s why we created this super simple Xtend Barre meal prep.
We asked Andrea Rogers (the creator of Xtend Barre herself!) for some of her favorite foods to build this 5-day meal prep plan. Not only does Andrea know a thing or two about healthy eating, but she also knows how to make meals that are delicious and time-efficient. The recipes below are easy to prepare, so you can spend more time focusing on the things that matter, like those intense workouts and spending times with friends and family.
Why should you meal prep?
Prepping your meals in advance is a great way to stay track with your goals. When you have yummy meals waiting for you at meal and snack times, you’ll be more likely to eat them instead of the tempting take-out across the street.
Try Openfit’s One Minute Meal Plan!
If you want more meal prep guidance, Openfit makes eating healthy easy with the One Minute Meal Plan! It only takes one minute to set up your customized nutrition plan. Just answer a few questions and we’ll provide you with simple, healthy menu options for each day of the week. And these meals aren’t just healthy – they’re easy! Each meal takes 30 minutes or less to make and only has five to eight ingredients. To get started, download the Openfit app today in the Apple or Android app store.
Xtend Barre Meal Prep Plan for 1,200-1,399 Calories
This specific meal prep plan gives you 1,200–1,399 calories per day. If you eat more than that, you can still use these recipes to fuel your week — just add a few more servings of veggies, protein, fats, or other carbs, depending on what calorie range you need to reach.
Check out the overview of meals first, and then find the full breakdown of the recipes below. Happy eating!
Menu 1 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Breakfast: Overnight Chia Pudding with Fresh Berries
Snack: Hummus with Celery Sticks and Baby Carrots
Lunch: Taco Salad in a Jar
Dinner: Chicken and Summer Vegetables with Ricotta and Lemon
Menu 2 (Tuesday, Thursday)
Breakfast: Baked Peppers and Eggs
Snack: Apple, Cucumber, Crackers and Tuna
Lunch: Salad with Chicken, Strawberries, Pecans, and Feta
Dinner: Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
Menu 1 Recipes
Overnight Chia Pudding with Fresh Berries
- 5 tsp. chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened rice milk
- 3 oz. Greek yogurt (plain, 2%) (about ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp.)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup raspberries
- Place chia seeds, rice milk, and yogurt in a 16 oz. jar. Stir well to combine. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Stir again to avoid clumping. Top with as much fruit as will fit in jar. Seal jar and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled with any remaining fruit.
Hummus with Celery Sticks and Baby Carrot
- 3 Tbsp. hummus
- 1 cup celery sticks
- 10 baby carrots
- Serve hummus with celery and carrots.
Taco Salad in a Jar
- nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 6 oz. raw, lean ground turkey
- 1-2 tsp. low-sodium taco seasoning blend
- ⅓ cup salsa (fresh or pico de gallo)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onion or cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup (minimum) chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ lime
- Heat a pan; coat with nonstick cooking spray. Add onion, and cook until translucent.
- Add turkey and seasoning mix. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
- In a quart-sized mason jar, layer salsa, tomatoes, peppers, corn, turkey mixture, green onion or cilantro, and lettuce.
- When ready to eat, serve onto a plate and squeeze lime over the top.
Chicken and Summer Vegetables with Ricotta and Lemon
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped leeks (or onion)
- ⅓ cup ricotta
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
- 1¼ cup watermelon, cubed
- Cook chicken in oil until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Season if desired.
- Stir in zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, and leeks and cook until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Season if desired. Remove from heat.
- Serve topped with ricotta and lemon zest.
- Enjoy watermelon for dessert.
Menu 1 Recipes
Baked Peppers and Eggs
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced into two 1-inch rings, reserve remaining pepper pieces
- 2 eggs
- fresh chives, chopped (garnish; optional)
- ¾ cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 slice whole grain bread OR 1½ english muffin, toasted
- 1½ tsp. nut butter or ghee
- Slice pepper horizontally to make two 1-inch rings. Finely chop any remaining parts of the pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; coat with nonstick spray. Cook rings and chopped pepper for 2 minutes. Flip rings. Divide chopped pepper evenly between rings. Crack 1 egg into the center of each ring, on top of chopped peppers. Season if desired.
- Cover with lid and cook until eggs are done to your liking. Garnish with chives (optional).
- Serve with cantaloupe and toast with nut butter.
Apple, Cucumber, Crackers and Tuna
- 1 apple
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 8 whole grain crackers
- 2½ oz. canned light tuna in water (about ½ can)
- Serve fruit and vegetable slices with tuna and crackers.
Salad with Chicken, Strawberries, Pecans, and Feta
- 2 cups (minimum) spinach
- 3 oz. cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 5 pecan halves
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta
- 1-2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Arrange spinach on plate or meal prep container. Top with chicken, strawberries, pecans, and feta.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1⅓ cups cauliflower rice
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 2½ cups chopped broccoli
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 15 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (approx. 7.5 oz.)
- Steam cauliflower rice, or saute in a pan lightly coated with nonstick spray. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Coat same pan with nonstick spray. Add onion and broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender crisp. Add garlic, shrimp, and soy sauce and cook 1–2 minutes more.
- Serve broccoli and shrimp on top of cauliflower rice.
Photography by Anguel Dimov, AB Creative