Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
For a lighter gravy, try this vegan gravy made with garlic and mushrooms.
Mushroom and Garlic Vegan Gravy
This vegan mushroom gravy is the perfect side for the holidays!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 13 servings, 3 Tbsp. each
Calories 27 kcal
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup arrowroot or cornstarch
- 3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste; optional
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley chopped (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.