Make it meatless! These tofu burgers are a delicious veggie alternative to beef or turkey burgers. Ginger, garlic, sesame, and soy sauce add tons of flavor, and toasted almonds give them a nice crunch! These are great by themselves, or serve them in a bun with your favorite burger toppings.
These tofu burgers are a delicious veggie alternative to beef or turkey burgers. Ginger, garlic, sesame, and soy sauce add tons of flavor, and toasted almonds give them a nice crunch!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ mediumhttps://www.openfit.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=20874&action=edit# onion coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger peeled, finely chopped
- 12 oz firm tofu well drained, mashed
- ½ cup chopped almonds toasted
- 1 large egg white
- 4 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
Heat olive oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
Add onion and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool.
Combine onion mixture, tofu, almonds, egg white, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sesame seeds; mix well.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Shape into four patties. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 to 2 hours.
Heat medium nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium high heat.
Add patties; cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.