Tough Mudder T-MINUS 30 Meal Prep Plan for the 1,200-1,500 Calories Level
Completing a Tough Mudder is no walk in the park. So it only makes sense that training for one is just as challenging. But you don’t have to figure out how to get ready for one all by yourself!
The T-MINUS 30 training plan will help you get into peak shape, so your body’s ready to go through rigorous tests of strength and endurance as you make your way across the course. And this Tough Mudder T-MINUS 30 meal prep plan gives you a whole week of delicious recipes that will give your body what it needs to get strong, lean, and fit.
This particular Tough Mudder T-MINUS 30 meal prep plan is for diets of 1,200–1,499 calories a day. If you’re in a higher calorie bracket, but crave the dishes in this meal prep plan, don’t worry! You can still enjoy them — just adjust upward accordingly.
Tough Mudder T-MINUS 30 Meal Prep Menus (1,200-1,500 Cal.)
Eating should be fun, so we’ve added some variety into this meal prep plan! Instead of eating the same thing every day for five days straight, this plan has two options for every meal. Check out this overview, and then keep scrolling for a breakdown of how to put together each dish.
Breakfast: Fruit & Nut Oatmeal with Yogurt
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Wrap with Soup
Snack: Crunchy Carrots
Dinner: Salmon, Sweet Potato and Veggies
Pre-Workout: Ladder Pre-Workout
Breakfast: Eggs, Avocado Toast and Fruit
Lunch: Steak Salad
Dinner: Green Beans, Ground Turkey and Rice
Pre-Workout: Ladder Pre-Workout
Tough Mudder T-MINUS 30 Meal Prep Recipes
We’re here to make your Tough Mudder training as simple as possible. That’s why we created workouts you can stream anywhere you are and at any time of day. The same concept goes for the nutrition plan — it’s designed with simple meals that aren’t overly complicated to put together.
Here, we’ve broken down the ingredients for each of the meals listed above. The Openfit One Minute Meal Plan also offers suggestions on how to cook different proteins, how to steam vegetables, and it even has herb and spice mixtures you can use to jazz up any dish. You can check out your nutrition plan for even more tips!
And don’t forget to take a look at the grocery list at the bottom to make your shopping experience even faster and easier. Who said meal prepping had to be hard?
Menu 1 Recipes
Fruit & Nut Oatmeal with Yogurt
- ½ cup cooked oatmeal
- 6 oz. (~3/4 cup) Greek yogurt (plain, 2%)
- 7 strawberries, sliced
- 1 fresh fig, diced
- 6 almonds, chopped
Grilled Chicken Wrap with Soup
- 3 oz. grilled chicken, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 small (6-inch) whole-grain tortilla
- 1/8 avocado
- Serve with a side of ½ cup our hearty vegetable soup (get the full recipe here!)
- 20 raw baby carrots
Salmon, Sweet Potato and Veggies
- 3 oz. cooked wild salmon
- 1½ cups steamed broccoli
- 1 small sweet potato (learn how to cook sweet potatoes here!)
Fish Preparation Tips:
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place fish on baking sheet that has been lightly coated with spray.
- Season fish with salt and pepper (if desired). Top each fillet with a lemon slice.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Steamed Veggies Preparation Tips:
- Boil water in steamer (or large saucepan) over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Place broccoli in steamer basket; cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve warm or rinse in cold water until cool.
Ladder Whey or Plant Protein blended with:
- ½ large banana
- 1¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
Menu 2 Recipes
Eggs, Avocado Toast and Fruit
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 slice whole-grain toast
- 1/8 avocado
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups baby spinach, raw
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 oz. grilled lean steak, sliced (Try seasoning the steak with the Openfit Protein Rub!)
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Tarragon Vinaigrette salad dressing (get the full recipe here!)
Steak Preparation Tips:
- Preheat grill (or broiler) to high.
- Place beef on broiler pan that is lightly coated with spray. Season beef with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Grill (or broil) beef for approx. 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or 6 to 7 minutes on each side for medium, or to desired doneness. Cut into four even pieces.
- Let beef rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- ¼ cup ground paprika
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large apple
- 1¼ cup green beans
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 3 oz. cooked ground turkey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 15 strawberries
Grocery List for Tough Mudder T-MINUS 30 Meal Prep
- 2 large apples
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 51 fresh strawberries
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 avocado
- 2 large banana
- 3 fresh figs
- 2 lemons
- 2½ cups green beans
- 1 cucumber
- 3 medium carrots
- 60 raw baby carrots
- 3 oz. mushrooms (4-5 button mushrooms)
- 7 cups baby spinach
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 small sweet potatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup white corn kernels
- ½ (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 medium red or white potatoes
- ½ medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 shallot
- 8 oz. raw lean steak
- 4 large eggs
- 12 oz. raw wild salmon
- 12 oz. raw chicken breast
- 8 oz. raw ground turkey
- 18 oz. Greek yogurt (plain, 2%)
- sesame oil
- olive oil
- 3¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 18 almonds
- sea salt (or pink Himalayan salt)
- ground black pepper
- Dijon mustard
- 1½ cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- ½ tsp. dried ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup dry brown rice
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 3 small (6-inch) whole-grain tortillas
- ¾ cups dry rolled oats
Photography by Anguel Dimov, AB Creative