Prep Yourself for Sugar-Free Success with This Sugar Free 3 Meal PlanApr 16, 2021
Do you want to make it beyond easy to avoid eating added sugar? Meal prepping is a nearly foolproof way to do so! By planning out and preparing your meals in advance, you’ll be stocked with healthy options all week long, and less tempted to veer off course. And we’ve done all the hard work for you by creating this Sugar Free 3 meal plan.
If you’re starting this three-week Openfit nutrition program and are concerned about having the right foods to eat, let this guide you! Based on the principles of program, the meals below are delicious, filling, and easy to make in bulk — all without an ounce of added sugar.
Prep the meals before your week starts and store them in airtight containers. (Get our full guide to successful meal prepping here.) Then you can just grab them out of the fridge when meal time comes around. It couldn’t be easier!
And even more approved meals, check out this list of Sugar Free 3 recipes. It includes 25 dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and even snacks and desserts.
Get control of your sugar habit with Sugar Free 3! It gives you simple instructions to eliminate added sugars, refined carbs, and artificial sweeteners for just 3 weeks. Sign up on Openfit today, and order your book on Amazon for even more tips.
Sugar Free 3 Meal Plan for 1,200 – 1,400 Calories Per Day
This specific Sugar Free 3 meal prep plan will give you between 1,200 and 1,400 calories per day. If you eat more than that, you can still use these recipes for your weeks of sugar-free eating — just add a few more servings of veggies, protein, fats, or other carbs along the way.
Check out the overview of meals first, and then find the full breakdown of the recipes below. Multiply the ingredients in each recipe for however days you’re making that recipe for.
Happy sugar-free eating!
Get more from the Openfit app!
If you want more meal prep guidance, Openfit makes eating healthy easy with the Sugar Free 3 meal planner. Just answer a few questions and we’ll provide you with simple, healthy menu options for each day of the week. All of them are added sugar-free, so they fit into the plan, and you can customize the meals to match your preferences. To get started, download the Openfit app today in the Apple or Android app store.
Menu 1 (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Breakfast: Coconut Cashew Overnight Oats
Snack 1: Hard Boiled Egg with Herbs and Seasoning
Lunch: Simple Quinoa Salad Bowl with Chicken
Snack 2: Seasoned Cottage Cheese and Celery Boats
Menu 2 (Tuesday, Thursday)
Breakfast: Banana “Bread” Protein Muffins
Snack 1: Raspberries and Walnuts
Lunch: Caesar Salad with Chicken
Snack 2: Hummus and Baby Carrots
Dinner: Sheet Pan Salmon with Roasted Green Beans and Chickpeas
Menu 1 Recipes
Coconut Cashew Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup dry rolled oats
- 3 oz. Greek yogurt (plain, 2%)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
- 1 tsp. all-natural cashew butter, no sugar added
- Add oats, yogurt, coconut milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to a pint jar or other small container; stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Microwave cashew butter in a small microwave-safe bowl for 30 seconds and drizzle over oats just before serving.
Hard Boiled Egg with Herbs and Seasoning
- 1 egg, hard boiled
- optional: herbs (chives, dill, parsley, etc.) and NSA seasonings (sea salt, pepper, paprika, etc.)
- Hard boil the egg using your favorite method (check out our guide to hard boiling eggs!)
- Top with your favorite herbs and NSA seasonings.
Simple Quinoa Salad Bowl with Chicken
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ green onion, sliced
- 3 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ medium lemon
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and enjoy!
Seasoned Cottage Cheese and Celery Boats
- ¼ cup reduced-fat (2%) cottage cheese
- ¼ green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 2 unsalted walnut halves, finely chopped
- Mix cottage cheese, green onion, garlic powder, and paprika, in a small bowl.
- Spoon or pipe into celery stalks, top with walnuts. (Or stir nuts into cottage cheese and use as a dip).
Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Quinoa, Tomatoes, and Spinach
- ½ lemon, divided use
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup dry quinoa
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 4 oz. large shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 5 leaves fresh basil
- Use a microplane to zest the lemon, or use a vegetable peeler or small sharp knife to remove only the yellow part of the peel and finely chop. Set aside. Juice lemon over a small bowl. Set aside.
- Finely chop garlic and halve cherry tomatoes; set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Or, get pre-cooked quinoa to speed prep time!
- When quinoa is fully cooked, add remaining 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. lemon juice, ½ tsp. lemon zest, finely chopped garlic, and spinach. Stir to combine, cover, and cook 1 minute over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Stir in tomatoes; set aside. (Feel free to swap in other greens for spinach, such as baby kale, arugula, or Swiss chard.)
- Preheat broiler on high. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place peeled, deveined shrimp in a bowl; add 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and salt to taste, if desired.
- Arrange shrimp on prepared baking sheet and broil on high for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Serve quinoa mixture onto a plate, top with shrimp and garnish with torn basil leaves and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Menu 1 Recipes
Banana “Bread” Protein Muffins
- ¾ large banana (about ⅓ cup)
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- 1½ tsp. cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp. dry rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat muffin pan with cooking oil spray or insert muffin liners.
- Place banana, egg white, cashew butter, oats, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into muffin pan; Bake 15-20 minutes.
Tip: Batter can also be used to make as pancakes!
Raspberries and Walnuts
- ½ cup raspberries
- 4 unsalted walnut halves
- Pack in an airtight container or plastic bag and enjoy!
Caesar Salad with Chicken
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Greek yogurt (plain, 2%)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ lemon
- ½ tsp. anchovy paste (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 slice sprouted 100% whole-grain bread, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 10 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 oz. cooked chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350⁰ F. Coat medium baking sheet with cooking oil spray. Set aside.
- To make dressing, finely chop garlic and place in a small bowl. Add yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, anchovy paste, if desired, and 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Whisk until well-blended; set aside.
- To make croutons, cut bread into 1-inch cubes, arrange on prepared baking sheet. Coat bread lightly with cooking oil spray and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepper, if desired. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
- To make salad, chop lettuce (or kale) and place in a serving bowl; drizzle dressing over lettuce and toss to coat.
- Top salad with chicken, remaining 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, if desired, and croutons.
Hummus and Carrots
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- 10 baby carrots
- Pack in an airtight container and enjoy!
Sheet Pan Salmon with Roasted Green Beans and Chickpeas
- 2 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- ¾ cup chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ medium lemon
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 oz. raw salmon filet
- Preheat oven to 400⁰ F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking oil spray.
- Place green beans and chickpeas in a large bowl. Squeeze lemon over bean mixture (reserve squeezed lemon); sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cut squeezed lemon into slices; set aside.
- Arrange salmon on prepared baking sheet. Coat with cooking oil spray, season with salt and pepper, if desired. Top with lemon slices.
- Arrange bean mixture in a single layer on baking sheet; bake 12 to 15 minutes.
Photography by Anguel Dimov, AB Creative