Check Out All These Foods You Can Eat on Sugar Free 3!Jul 28, 2021
This article may contain affiliate links. We collect a share of sales from qualifying purchases.
Whether you’ve committed to eliminating added sugars from your diet on Sugar Free 3, or you’re just thinking about the idea, we’re here to help you understand that this isn’t going to be a painful endeavor. Even though you’re cutting out added sugars, there are still so many delicious foods you can eat!
Here’s a list of some great foods allowed on Sugar Free 3 that you may not know about. For the complete list, pick up a copy of Sugar Free 3 on Amazon, or go to the nutrition section in the Openfit app.
Still need to download the app? No worries! You can get it for free today.
Sugar Free 3 Allowed Foods
In addition to the more obvious foods that don’t contain added sugars (like lean proteins and fresh fruits and vegetables), there are tons of other foods you can eat on this plan (aka “allowed foods”). All of these foods fit into the “no sugar added” (NSA) category. Here are a few of the greatest hits.
And remember: Look at the ingredient list on the label. If you see “sugar” or any of its other names on the list, then put it back on the shelf. Although some ketchup, hummus, and nut butters are Sugar Free 3-approved, it doesn’t mean they all are. Check out the video from Michele and Keri in the Sugar Free 3 section of the Openfit app for more guidance on reading nutrition labels.
For a filling snack, LADDER Plant-Based Nutrition Shake is a quick and added sugar-free way to get in 20 grams of protein. Plus, the chocolate flavor is great for satisfying your sweet tooth. Get it here!
Unrefined Whole Grains/Breads/Pasta/Cereal
- Sprouted whole-grain bread; Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread
- Chickpea pasta; Banza Chickpea Pasta
- Grain pasta; Trader Joe’s Brown Rice and Quinoa Elbow Pasta
- Brown rice
- Whole-grain cereal; Grape-Nuts or Uncle Sam Raisin Bran
- NSA oatmeal; Quaker Oats Plain Oatmeal
- White potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash
- Nuts; almonds, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts, etc.
- NSA nut butters; Crazy Richard’s All-Natural Peanut Butter or Trader Joe’s Almond Butter or Smucker’s Natural
- NSA powdered nut butters; Naked PB
- Coconut butter; Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna
- NSA mayonnaise; Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- NSA salad dressings; Primal Kitchen dressings (except for the balsamic dressing)
- Butter and ghee
- NSA yogurt; FAGE Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt or 365 Organic Plain Low Fat Yogurt or Chobani 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- NSA cottage cheese; Daisy 2% Cottage Cheese
- NSA cheese
- NSA milk, half and half
- Popcorn; SkinnyPop Original
- Parm crisps; Whisps Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Brown rice cakes; Lundberg Organic Brown Rice Cakes
- NSA bars: Bulletproof bars or RX bars
- Hummus; Sabra Traditional
- Whole vegetables
- NSA dried or dehydrated vegetable chips; Bare Baked Crunchy Veggie Chips
- Whole fruit
- NSA dried or dehydrated fruit; Planty Dried Fruit Snacks or Mavuno Harvest Dried Fruit, NSA
- NSA cheese snacks; 365 Organic String Cheese or Mini Babybel Cheese wheels
- Tortilla chips
- Potato chips
- French fries
Condiments, Sauces, and Flavor Enhancers
- NSA ketchup; True Made Foods Vegetable No Added Sugar Ketchup
- NSA mustard; French’s Mustard Squeeze or 365 Organic Dijon Mustard or Heinz Spicy Brown Mustard
- NSA hot pepper sauce; Frank’s RedHot
- NSA tomato sauce; 365 Organic Italian Herb Pasta Sauce or Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Red and white wine vinegar
- Stevia and monk fruit; SweetLeaf Natural Stevia Sweetener or It’s Just 100% Monk Fruit Extract Powder
Processed or High-Fat Proteins and Foods
- Tofu/tempeh; 365 Extra Firm Tofu or Trader Joe’s Organic 3 Grain Tempeh
- NSA protein powders; LADDER Plant-Based Nutrition Shake (chocolate)
- NSA bacon; Nature’s Rancher, No Sugar Added Bacon or Applegate Organic Uncured Turkey Bacon
- NSA sausage; Applegate Natural No Sugar Pork Breakfast Sausage or Trader Joe’s Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- NSA deli meat; Applegate Natural Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- NSA jerky; Tillamook Zero Sugar Beef Jerky
- NSA milk alternatives; Oatly Original or Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk
- NSA creamers; nutpods
- NSA sparkling water; La Croix or bubly
- Ladder Pre-Workout
- Cocoa powder; HERSHEY’S Natural Unsweetened 100% Cocoa
- Coconut flour; 365 Organic Coconut Flour
- Almond flour; Trader Joe’s Blanched Almond Flour
- Corn starch
- Potato starch