Ease Worries with a Stress-Relieving Bath
There is nothing quite like a global pandemic and being “safe inside” to stir up feelings of stress and anxiety. And, if you are like me, you would try just about anything to feel relaxed. I’ve found that all of your worries (well, many of them…) can go right down the drain when you set time aside for a bath.
Keep calm and read on for my stress-relieving bath recipe. (DIY face masks are optional but completely encouraged.) Happy soaking, everyone!
- 2 cups Epsom salts
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops ylang-ylang essential oil
- Fill your bathtub with warm water, then add the Epsom salts.
- Next, add your essential oils. Stir the oils and Epsom salts around in the water before you step in for a soak.
- Sit in the tub, and turn off your phone. Then, allow the calming smell of lavender, the floral scent of ylang-ylang, and the woodiness of sandalwood to shift your mindset from stressed to blessed.
- Consciously slow down your breath so that you can message your brain to unwind and relax. Try breathing in through your nose, holding at the top of your inhale, and exhaling out through your mouth. Do this three to five times to ease any lingering tension. This breathing exercise is one of our 14 favorite calming techniques to try in times of stress.
Bonus tips: I suggest relaxing in the bath for at least 20 minutes for maximum results. Add candles and soft instrumental music for an even more delicious bathing experience—🎶 check out this playlist I made for bath time
Don’t have some of the essential oils that we listed here? That’s totally fine. Swap in some of these essential oils for sleep, insomnia, and relaxation instead.