Blueberries in oatmeal are delicious by themselves, but adding coconut flakes and cashews makes this oatmeal extra special.
Steel-Cut Oatmeal with Blueberries, Coconut, and Cashews
This steel cut oatmeal has so much flavor!
- 3½ cups water
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 cup dry steel-cut oats
- ½ cup canned lite coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped raw cashews
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. raw honey optional
Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add oats; mix well. Reduce heat to low. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until thick and soft.
Add coconut milk, cashews, blueberries, coconut, and honey (if desired); mix well.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.