Eggplant is rich in iron, calcium, and fiber. In this recipe it gets bold flavor from garlic and chili oil.
Love eggplant? Then you won't want to miss this tasty recipe that adds some spice to the mix.
- 1 medium eggplant sliced into ½-inch rounds, cut into ¾-inch strips (about 1½ lbs.)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. chili oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
Combine eggplant and salt in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend. Let eggplant rest for 30 to 45 minutes.
While eggplant rests, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, chili oil, and red pepper in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Preheat broiler on high.
Brush eggplant slices with oil mixture.
Place eggplant on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake, for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until golden.
Garnish with green onions; serve immediately.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.