Have a fajita fiesta with maximum flavor and minimal effort with these Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas. This chicken fajitas recipe uses a slow cooker to infuse tender chicken with the flavors of every ingredient, so each bite is bursting with bold taste. It’s so easy to make, just place all of the ingredients in a crock pot, and press a button! Hours later, you’ll have a delicious dish that is healthy and packed with an impressive 31 grams of protein per serving.
These slow cooker chicken fajitas are great for a simple meal prep that cooks itself while you prepare the rest of your meals for the week. The recipe makes 4 servings, but can easily be doubled to make a larger, time-saving batch. When it’s finished cooking, let the chicken mixture cool for one hour, then store in the fridge until completely cool. Spoon individual portions into containers or plastic bags for freezing.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Have a fajita fiesta with maximum flavor and minimal effort with these slow cooker chicken fajitas that have 31 grams of protein!
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (or diced tomatoes with green chiles), no salt
- 1 medium onion cut into quarters, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast boneless, skinless, and sliced
- 8 6-inch whole-grain tortillas warm
- ½ cup pico de gallo (fresh tomato salsa)
- 8 tsp. reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado sliced
- finely chopped fresh cilantro
Place tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, chile powder, cumin, pepper, and lime juice in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well.
Add chicken; cook, covered, on low temperature for 4 to 5 hours (or on high or 2 to 3 hours), stirring once or twice, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. 3.Evenly divide mixture between tortillas. Top evenly with salsa, yogurt, avocado, and cilantro.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Photos by Kirsten Morningstar