This hearty rice salad with cabbage and chicken will make you think of rice in a whole new way! It has a hearty crunch, and 22 grams of protein per serving.
Rice Salad with Chicken and Red Cabbage
This hearty rice salad with cabbage and chicken will make you think of rice in a whole new way!
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper to taste; optional
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice
- 4 oz. cooked chicken breast boneless, skinless, chopped
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
Combine oil, vinegar, and lemon juice in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well. Set aside.
Combine rice, chicken, cabbage, green onion, and sesame seeds in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.