Mangoes are back in season! This mango salad is kicked up with a zing of jalapeno and is a great—and easy—side salad that you can pair with almost any meal.
This summery mango salad is kicked up with a zing of jalapeno and is a great—and easy—side salad that you can pair with almost any meal.
- 2 medium mangoes peeled, cut into half-inch cubes
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- ½ medium jalapeno (or Serrano chile), cut in half, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 100% orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt or Himalayan salt to taste; optional
- 8 cups baby salad greens or arugula
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Combine mangoes, onion, jalapeno, orange juice, cilantro, and salt (if desired) in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place greens in a large bowl.
Drizzle oil over greens; toss gently to blend.
Add mango mixture; toss gently to blend.
Divide salad evenly among four plates. Serve immediately.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.