Every bite of this oatmeal has the sweet flavor of banana and maple, and crunchy walnuts.
Oatmeal with Banana and Walnuts
This easy oatmeal recipe is sweet and crunchy!
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup optional
- ¼ cup chopped raw walnuts
Bring water and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Add oats; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add banana; mix well. Let oatmeal stand for 1 minute before serving.
Divide evenly between two serving bowls; top each evenly with maple syrup (if desired) and walnuts.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.