Chia seeds add protein and healthy omega 3s to this oatmeal, while raisins and honey make it taste delicious.
Oatmeal with Chia Seeds and Raisins
This oatmeal with chia seeds has a boost of extra fiber!
- 2 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- ¼ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. raw honey optional
Bring milk, raisins, and salt to a boil in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Add oats; cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add chia seeds; mix well. Let oatmeal stand 1 minute before serving.
Divide oatmeal evenly between four serving bowls. Top evenly with honey (if desired).
- You can substitute 1 cup water and 1 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk for 2 cups reduced-fat (2%) milk if you want a lighter version of this oatmeal.
- This recipe can also be microwaved easily. Place milk and oats in a large microwaveable bowl. (Make sure your bowl is big enough that the oatmeal doesn’t boil over.) Cook for 2 minutes on high. Stir oatmeal. Cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir oatmeal. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes if needed. Add raisins and chia seeds after microwaving.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.