Have you ever opened the fridge and lamented, “There’s nothing to eat!” and then found yourself elbow deep in a bag of processed junk food? It’s so easy to succumb to poor eating choices when you don’t have healthy, high quality foods on hand. That’s why healthy meal prep snacks are so important.
Not only can meal prep help you determine what and how much you’re eating throughout the day, it can also make it easier for you to have a plethora of nutritious snack choices available whenever the hunger monster strikes.
What Is Meal Prep?
Meal prep includes the planning and preparing (i.e. cleaning, cooking, packaging) of your food several days to a week in advance. By planning out your grocery list and stocking your kitchen with healthy, ready-to-eat food choices, you can avoid the temptation to swing by the drive-thru or dive into that half-full box of cookies.
Other benefits of meal prep include:
- Smarter food portioning
- Saving money (less wasted food)
- Saving time (making more than one meal per cooking session)
You can also use meal prep to create healthy lunches for work and Instagram worthy snack boxes that taste great and fill you up. And you don’t even have to be a good cook to meal prep! There are plenty of healthy and delicious no-cook snacks you can add to your meal prep repertoire as well.
17 Healthy Meal Prep Snacks
If you’re feeling peckish between meals, do yourself the favor by prepping easy to grab, good for you snacks as part of your weekly meal prep routine.
The recipes below span a variety of eating styles, so no matter what fuels you, these meal prep snacks can help you munch better.
1. Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzels from Dinner then Dessert (72 calories per 2 pretzels)
2. Healthy Dill Popcorn from The Conscious Dietitian (100 calories per serving)
3. No-Bake Carrot Cake Granola Bites from Cookin’ Canuck (104 calories per bite)
4. Jicama Lime Sticks and Hard Boiled Eggs from Openfit (138 calories)
5. Easy Keto Everything Bagels from Sweet C’s (5g carbs per bagel)
6. Peanut Butter Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs from Let’s Eat Cake (2g carbs per bite)
7. Healthy Oven Baked Zucchini Chips by Wholesome Yum (2g carbs per 12 chips)
Vegan Meal Prep Snacks
10. Carrots and Hummus with Apples from Openfit
Sweet Meal Prep Snacks
11. Tropical Fruit Salad with Coconut from Openfit
Savory Meal Prep Snacks