Preparing every meal for an entire week in advance can be tough. If you’re looking for a way to save some time, try meal prepping just your lunches. A consistent, healthy lunch meal prep routine can be a key component in a weight loss strategy. And guess what? Staying on top of your weekly meal prep doesn’t have to be a chore! There are plenty easy meal prep lunch ideas that come together quickly while still being packed with delicious flavor.
Whether you’re looking to add variety to your current meal prep plan or venture into this new way of preparing food, this collection of 23 healthy meal prep lunch ideas can spice things up for you. They’re ideal for work, school, or a just quick meal on the go!
23 Healthy Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
We’ve combed the web in search of easy meal prep lunches that feel more like flavorful café fare than boring boxed lunches. We’ve included delicious options like our Mediterranean Turkey Burgers, Chili Lime Chicken and Rice from Gimme Delicious, and an Insta-worthy Vegetarian Lentil Niçoise Salad from Evergreen Kitchen.
Pro Tip: Choose a few lunch meal prep recipes with a common protein to save time and money at the grocery store. For example, Spicy Shrimp Taco Lettuce wraps, Shrimp Noodle Bowls, and Low Carb Shrimp and Grits would be a great combination for a week of meal prep lunches for work!
5. Paleo Tuna Cakes from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Note: Use brown rice in place of white for an even healthier meal prep lunch.
9. Chicken and White Bean Chili from Openfit
12. Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry from Openfit
16. Healthy Sweet and Sour Pork from Openfit
17. Greek Chicken Bowls from Openfit
18. Mexican Cobb Salad from A Simple Pantry
Note: Rather than using store bought fried tortilla strips, opt for the healthier homemade baked variety.
19. Falafel Hummus Boxes from Budget Bytes
20. Winter Superfoods Bowl from Openfit
Note: Make this more filling by adding in some chicken or tofu for extra protein.
22. Mediterranean Turkey Burgers from Openfit
23. Healthier Caesar Salad from Openfit