4-Ingredient Garlic Shrimp With Zucchini Noodles
This article may contain affiliate links. We collect a share of sales from qualifying purchases.
Pasta is the perfect comfort food, but it also packs hefty dose of carbs. And even though carbs are not the enemy and can seamlessly work into a healthy eating plan, sometimes you want might enjoy a dish that’s lighter, but still has all the same flavor of your favorite pasta dish. The solution? Zoodles! AKA, zucchini noodles. This recipe uses them in lieu of linguini to make a healthier garlic shrimp pasta that’s loaded with flavor and light on carbs.
If you’re not familiar with zoodles, let us explain. To make them, you simple spiralize a zucchini into long, thin pieces. You can use a spiralizer to get perfectly curly strands, or you can use a sharp knife to carefully slice the vegetable. Once you have your zoodles made, then you can add in the rest of the ingredients for this garlic shrimp recipe. And this is a pretty easy task since there are only four ingredients total! All you need are the zucchinis, olive oil, shrimp, and garlic. (You can also add in some salt and pepper if you really want to spice things up.) These four items magically mesh together to make an easy garlic shrimp “pasta” that’s perfect for a quick dinner or a meal prepped lunch.
Not only is the short ingredient list attractive for a someone on a budget, but this recipe only takes 26 minutes to make, so it’s fast and inexpensive! The zoodles and the shrimp both cook quickly, so you don’t have to stand around the stove hungrily waiting to devour your dinner.
Let’s do a quick recap: this garlic shrimp pasta recipe is low-carb, it takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it only requires four ingredients. The last thing that really makes this a standout dish is the fact that it’s super high in protein – it pulls in a whopping 32 grams! So if you’re looking for a quick, simple, healthy lunch or dinner, you really can’t go wrong with this one. The only thing left to do is to try it!
Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
This healthier take on shrimp pasta swaps in low-calorie zucchini noodles instead of pasta. Better yet, the fresh garlic quickly infuses the shrimp with mouthwatering flavor.
- 1 Tbsp. +1 tsp. olive oil
- 40 medium shrimp raw, deveined, approx. 1 lb. 4 oz.
- 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 8 small zucchini spiralized
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper to taste; optional
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
Add zucchini noodles; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper (if desired).
Evenly divide zucchini mixture between four serving plates; serve immediately.
- A spiralizer is an inexpensive tool that cuts fresh veggies into noodles. You can use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini in this recipe.
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, using a vegetable peeler, cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about ⅛-inch thick. Turn zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Discard cores. Cut slices lengthwise into ½-inch ribbons.
- The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
½ Fruit & Vegetable