Healthy easy fried rice? Yes, it is possible. Here’s how.
Easy Fried Rice
This healthier take on fried rice is simpler than you think!
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 large egg whites
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice cooled
- 8 oz. cooked chicken breast boneless, skinless, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh green peas about ½ cup; optional
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion thinly sliced (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Reduce heat to medium.
Add egg whites; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until eggs start to set.
Add rice, chicken, peas, and soy sauce; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through.
Divide evenly into four serving bowls; garnish evenly with green onion.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.