Cranberries are a truly multi-tasking fruit: You can use them for homemade cranberry sauce, cookies, crumble bars, festive and edible wreaths, and of course, gorgeous holiday cocktails for your next party.
This Holiday Cranberry Fizz has unexpected ingredients like black tea, pomegranate molasses (yum! But, if you can’t find it, substitute it for pomegranate juice), honey cranberry rosemary simple syrup, and orange bitters. With incredible flavors like this, who needs alcohol?
Simple syrups are, well, simple to make, but you can always buy them pre-made. Pomegranate molasses is available at specialty food stores, online, or you can make your own — it’s essentially pomegranate juice reduced with sugar and lemon juice.
Variation: Prefer a little kick to your drink? Add ⅔ cup gin to the punch bowl.
Cranberry Fizz Cocktail
This holiday cocktail will be the star of any party.
- 4 cups strong brewed black tea chilled
- 1 cup Honey Cranberry Rosemary Simple Syrup chilled
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 Tbsp. + 1½ tsp. non-alcoholic orange bitters
- 4 cups soda water
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary cut into small pieces (for garnish)
Place ice in a large punch bowl.
Add tea, simple syrup, molasses, bitters, and soda water; mix well.
Add cranberries; mix gently to blend.
Serve punch in punch glasses (or small Mason jars); garnish with rosemary.
- You can use regular or decaffeinated black tea.
- Pomegranate molasses is a Middle Eastern pantry staple that is used like concentrated pomegranate juice.
Variation: Add ⅔ cup gin to the recipe.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.