Chicken, Strawberry, and Spinach Salad with WalnutsJan 14, 2021
- This simple chicken strawberry spinach salad recipe only requires 4 ingredients, and it can be made in just 10 minutes.
- It’s an easy, healthy lunch, with 343 calories, 40 grams protein, and 5 grams fiber.
If you’re looking for a fresh, flavorful, and (more importantly) easy salad to put together for your weekly lunches at work, look no further than this chicken strawberry spinach salad.
At first glance, it might look quite similar to a salad you could get at a certain chain restaurant. But we’ve tweaked it to make it much, much healthier. We took all the best parts of this dish and tossed out the unnecessary fillers, so what you’re left with is a healthy salad bursting with juicy strawberries, fresh spinach, filling chicken, and crunchy walnuts.
With just these four ingredients, this chicken and strawberry salad comes together in mere minutes and it will fill you up for the whole afternoon. It’s packed with protein and it gives you a hit of both fruits and veggies. It’s the best of both worlds!
Better yet, it only takes about 10 minutes to throw this this chicken strawberry spinach salad together when you use pre-cooked chicken. Even if you have to cook up some raw chicken yourself, it only takes about 20 minutes to make baked chicken in the oven. Then, after you’ve got your protein together, wash off the spinach, slice up the strawberries, toss in some walnuts, and you’re done!
If you’re meal prepping for the week, this salad packs easily into containers, but here are some good tips to follow:
- If your strawberries are really juicy, pack them separately from the spinach so the leaves don’t wilt before lunch the next day.
- It’s best to refrain from putting dressing on your salad until just before you eat it. Pack the dressing in a separate container, and then drizzle it on just before you devour your meal.
Otherwise, prep this simple salad ahead of time, and enjoy a stress-free week knowing that you have healthy lunches waiting for you!
Get control of your sugar habit with Sugar Free 3 by eliminating added sugars, refined carbs, and artificial sweeteners for just 3 weeks. Sign up on Openfit today, and order your book on Amazon for even more tips.
Chicken, Strawberry, and Spinach Salad with Walnuts
This 10-minute Chicken, Strawberry, and Spinach Salad is perfect for a quick dinner or a meal prepped lunch.
- 6 cups baby spinach fresh
- 16 oz. cooked chicken breast boneless, skinless, sliced
- 4 cups strawberries sliced
- 32 raw walnut hlaves
Place spinach in a medium serving bowl.
Add chicken, strawberries, and walnuts; toss gently to blend.
Top with your favorite dressing and eat right away, or hold on the dressing and pack it up for meals later on. If you're follow Sugar Free 3, choose an NSA dressing, or use olive oil and vinegar.
- If you're follow Sugar Free 3, choose an no sugar added dressing, or use olive oil and vinegar.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Photographs by Anguel Dimov