Blackberry Smoothie With Cucumber and Mint
This right here is no ordinary blackberry smoothie. Made with the tropical fruit-flavored Ladder Pre-Workout, it’s bursting with the tart and tangy flavor of blackberries, refreshing cucumber and mint, and a hint of coconut water.
Not only is it fresh and delicious, it also boosts your exercise! Blend one up right before a workout to fuel your body and get the most benefit out of scientifically formulated Ladder Pre-Workout.
Don’t have Ladder Pre-Workout yet? You can get it here.
How To Make A Blackberry Smoothie
To make the best blackberry smoothie you’ve ever had, place coconut water, ice, fresh or frozen blackberries, chunks of cucumber, and a scoop of Ladder Pre-Workout in a blender. Top with fresh mint leaves, or use a dash of pure mint extract. Cover the blender with a lid, then blitz until everything is silky smooth.
Just keep in mind that blackberry seeds add extra fiber to this smoothie, but they can also get stuck in your teeth—not generally a good look. Blend this shake a few seconds longer than you normally would to pulverize the seeds as much as possible.
Cucumber Berry Refresher
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup fresh blackberries or frozen, thawed
- ½ cup cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 scoop Ladder Pre-Workout
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
Place coconut water, ice, blackberries, cucumber, Ladder Pre-Workout, and mint in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Blackberry Smoothie Variations
This blackberry smoothie recipe is already amazing, but you can make it your own by swapping out or adding in ingredients. Here are some tasty ways to customize this pre-workout smoothie:
- Margarita time. Add a generous squeeze of fresh lime juice, and a bit of zest from the peel to give your smoothie the pizzazz of a vacation cocktail.
- Vegged out. This lusciously purple smoothie is great way to hide a fistful of spinach or other leafy greens. They’ll add more fiber and nutrients without changing the flavor.
- Smooth sailing. Add sweetness and extra creaminess with half a banana.
- Get your herb on. (Not that kind!) Swap mint for fresh basil leaves. Or, use both!
- Spice is nice. A pinch of fresh or dried ginger gives any smoothie a little more zing.
What Is Ladder Pre-Workout?
Simply put, Ladder Pre-Workout is a supplement that can help you get more out of your workouts. So not only does the fruity mixture taste great… , it also helps you push harder as you exercise and recover faster afterward, so you can hit it hard again the next day.
Drink it right before exercising, and you’ll notice the effects of this pre-workout formula right away. It contains beta-alanine, an amino acid that when used consistently, helps reduce the acid that builds up in your muscles and makes them tired. It also has the cool effect of making your skin tingle, a sign that your pre-workout is working and you’re ready to crush your workout.
Ladder Pre-Workout also provides 100 mg of all-natural caffeine derived from green tea leaves to improve your focus and performance during exercise. It also has 250mg of theanine to help fight fatigue without the jitters and “crash.” You can read all of the nitty gritty about Ladder Pre-Workout here.
Sip it up on it’s own, or get creative and add it into smoothies just like this one. You can’t go wrong!
Photography by Anguel Dimov, AB Creative