Products are manufactured and sold by a third party. As an associate, Openfit may earn commissions from qualifying purchases on this site.
This sweet and savory salad is rich in nutrients and vitamins and the walnuts are a nice, crunchy addition.
Beet Salad with Apples, Walnuts, and Fennel
This healthy beet salad recipe made with apples, walnuts, and fennel is a great side dish.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 medium beets peeled, thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- 2 large fennel bulbs thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 2 medium Granny smith apples thinly sliced into matchstick-sized pieces
- ½ cup coarsely chopped raw walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Combine vinegar, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, and mustard in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Combine beets, fennel, carrots, apples, walnuts, and cilantro in a large serving bowl.
Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to blend.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.