Here’s a fun nutritional trick, especially for vegetarians. If you eat rice and beans together (or eat them within a few hours of each other), they count as a complete protein. This dish combines both!
Baja Black Beans and Rice
This recipe combines rice and beans to create a complete vegetarian protein.
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- ¾ cup canned (or cooked) black beans drained, rinsed
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro chopped
Combine rice, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin in medium saucepan; mix well.
Cook, stirring frequently, over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Place in serving bowl; garnish with cheese and cilantro.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.