Here's What Andrea Rogers Eats in a Day
Whenever someone tries our wildly popular Xtend Barre and XB Pilates for the first time, they’re blown away by how strong creator Andrea Rogers is — and how much energy she has! Andrea is always positive, no matter how many body-sculpting, booty-lifting classes she has taught that day. And she continuously exudes that “I just worked out” glow.
Throughout her busy days, Andrea keeps her energy levels high and her mood positive with frequent meals and snacks. So, what does Andrea Rogers eat? Everything. She walked us through a typical day of healthy eats, treats, and her two-a-day habit that might surprise you.
Here’s a peek at how Andrea fuels her days:
Before an early workout
Even professionals sometimes don’t want to work out. When that happens, she cranks up the music and mixes up LADDER Pre-Workout. “Then it’s like, ‘let’s go!'” she says. “It gives me that little pep I need on those days when I don’t immediately feel motivated.”
Depending on whether she works out or catches up on emails first, Andrea eats one of two things:
- A smoothie with LADDER Plant-Based Nutrition Shake
- Avocado and eggs, sometimes with a slice of Ezekiel sprouted grain toast or English muffin on the side.
“I’m pretty repetitive in my breakfast behavior,” she says. “I like these because they’re quick, easy, fast, and simple — it fills me up and fuels me up.”
She has become “really into tea” lately, too, usually choosing organic decaf green tea.
After her workout (either barre or Pilates most days), Andrea eats whatever she didn’t have for breakfast: either a smoothie or hard-boiled eggs.
Her A.M. smoothie always includes the chocolate-flavored Plant-Based Nutrition Shake (she loves it!), along with almond milk (she doesn’t do dairy), a banana, and what she calls “the good stuff.”
She adds chia, flax, or hemp seeds for fiber and healthy fats (including omega-3s) and collagen for her skin and hair. Lately, Andrea has been adding a little MCT oil for the potential brain boost.
Lunch is not her most significant meal of the day, explains Andrea, since she’s often teaching or choreographing in the afternoon. She loves making salads at home.
“I throw in every vegetable I have and top it with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar,” she says. Protein is a must. She’s “big on tuna” and likes salmon or whitefish, for the protein and omega-3s.
“At every meal, I try to have protein, fats, and carbs, and I’m a little heavier on the protein,” Andrea explains.
“I have two smoothies a day,” she confesses. “It’s just an easy way to get it all in, and I crave them!”
Her afternoon smoothie gets a hefty serving of hemp, chia, or flax again, along with her second scoop of collagen. She alternates between Daily Harvest smoothies and homemade versions heavy on the fruit and vegetables.
Since she’s often on the go, a smoothie is the perfect portable snack.
Andrea’s evening meal depends on whether or not she’s eating with her daughters. There’s always protein — frequently chicken, or a chicken or turkey sausage. She adds rice on the side, along with some type of vegetable, and dinner is served. “I eat very basic meals, but always have carbs, protein, and fat in the right proportion,” she says.
At least a couple of times a week, dinner is sushi — and her younger daughter loves it, too.
Struggling to make healthy eating easier? Try our five-day Xtend Barre Meal Prep Plan, full of some of Andrea’s favorite recipes!
After dinner, Andrea sets out whatever leftover fruits and vegetables they have that day, and both she and her daughters graze on them if they get hungry. She also uses this hack when the kids are starving while she’s cooking.
“I put the fruit and vegetables out on the table, and we snack on that,” she says.
Andrea follows not one but two 80/20 rules when it comes to eating.
“I eat incredibly clean and healthy 80% of the time, and I consciously indulge the other 20% of the time,” she explains.
The other rule? “I eat until I’m 80% full, instead of waiting until I am uncomfortably full.” (That’s important when your job is as active as hers is! Pilates with a full belly is no fun.)
“I don’t buy things I don’t want to eat,” Andrea says. She loves donuts about once a month or so, too.
One constant in Andrea’s life is her beloved insulated water bottle, which is always by her side and filled with 22 ounces of ice-cold water. “I drink a ton of water,” she says. “No juices, no sodas, no coffee — just water. I fill it five or six times a day.”