8 Reasons Why Working Out at Home Is Better Than the GymAug 17, 2020
If you’ve been working out at home, the thought of germ-infested elliptical machines and icy winter roads to the gym make your living room workout bliss that much better. Here are nine reasons why your home gym is where it’s at, and why it’s always better to do your workouts at home.
1. You Never Have to Face the Cold
All warm and cozy in your house? Good thing your gym is 10 feet in front of you.
2. Gym Schedules Don’t Dictate Your Routine
Gym closed because of a snowstorm? You can still cue up a workout from your favorite online trainer, who is still waiting for you in your living room, feeling as motivational as ever!
3. You Don’t Have to Care How You Look
Rocking polka dot leggings with a striped sports bra? Haven’t brushed your hair? Does it matter? Nope. (Unless you’re going to take an Instagram selfie later… then you might wanna do a booger check.) It doesn’t matter what you wear for your workouts at home, but you know you look good in some cute athleisure.
4. The Germs Are Your Own
With flu season in full swing, it’s an absolute blessing that you don’t have to worry whether the super-sweaty guy in the bro tank wiped down the treadmill. Instead, when you do your workouts at home, you get to swim in your own sweat and clean up to your hearts content when you’re done.
5. Your Post-Workout Shake Is as Far Away as the Kitchen
There’s nothing worse than when you’ve just finished an intense workout and have to wait an hour or more to down your favorite post-workout fuel. Lucky for you, your post-workout shake is a just a hop, step, and skip away.
6. Make Any Weird Grunts or Faces You Want
Worried about those noises you make when you’re pushing yourself to the limit? Don’t sweat it! Go ahead, let out a triumphant yell every time you finish a superset when you’re working out at home.
7. You Can Literally Roll Out of Bed and Push Play
There’s no better feeling than rolling out of bed and starting your workout five minutes after your pre-workout has kicked in.
8. When You’re Done, You can Sprawl Out On the Floor and Catch Your Breath.
- Whether you spend 25 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour working out at home, when it’s over, you get to sprawl out in all your glory, no need to worry about whether or not the floor is gross or who might step on you.